For Tuesday’s practice up at Rose Valley be sure to bring:
1. Ski striding poles – last year’s classic poles are fine
2. Headlamps – We are getting to the darkish part of the year and are only one wrong turn from being on the trails after dark!
For Thursday’s roller ski practice, be sure to bring
1. Actual Visi-vests – it is getting to be fall weather, and we need to have reflective material as well as the bright shirts. This is absolutely mandatory. While we will be off open roads before sunset, the autumn clouds and low light make it critical to be as visible as possible.
2. Headlamps – As we start moving to working in the parking lot and the side off-road pathway due to low light, it sure helps find the bits of gravel to avoid!
3. Yoga mats sure make the concrete softer and the grass drier!
4. Running shoes for stretching, agility, and strength. Relays aren’t much fun in skate boots!
As the fall continues, our window of light gets shorter and shorter, so we are leaving right on time for each workout. If you arrive late or aren’t ready yet just have your parents shuttle you up to where the group is.