Hello Ski Fans,
We have a fair bit going on for the first week of May. A big Thanks to all of those who contributed to the trail building yesterday. It was greatly appreciated by the trail crews. We got a lot of work done; many hands make light work. There are additional trail days every two weeks until the summer break at Smith Creek. These are on our website calendar.
Tuesday May the 4th at 6 pm we have our first bi-weekly club team night. This is intended for Track Attack and older skiers. We are at Eian Lamont Park 3088 Lakeview Cove Rd West Kelowna BC. This is a park on the Eastside of the Mount Boucherie …mountain… Come prepared to Run/Hike the Mountain and preview the race course for May 18th.
Telemark Summer Biathlon Meeting Wednesday May 5th 7:30pm
Meeting ID: 783 5231 0502Passcode: 4RjGaZ
Thursday May 6th 2021 Skate Roller Skiing at South Kelowna Elementary School
- L2C at 5-7:30 pm
- T2T at 6-7:30 pm
Saturday May 8th 2021 L2C will be heading to a local mountain to ski on snow. Details will be confirmed in their group chat.
Saturday May 22nd 2021 T2T and L2C are invited to a Okanagan day camp with the Sovereign Lake Nordic club. Details will be finalized the week of based on snow conditions. It might look like a morning of skiing on snow or pavement. Lunch at the beach and then an afternoon run.
Manning Team Training Camp July 5-8th 2021
- With the restrictions in place this year families are invited to book their own campsites at the Lightning Lakes campground in E. C. Manning Park. These will become available at 7 am on May 5th 2021. That is this Wednesday.
- This year we would like to invite 2008 and older skiers. Younger skiers might want to do less than the 4 days.
- The idea is that each day we hike up a mountain and the run down afterwards.
- This has been a great team building event which we have done for many years now.
- I am happy to field any additional questions about this after training on Tuesday night.
- All Skiers need to do their best to stay 3 meters apart at all times
- No equipment is shared; skier should carry their own water
- Before Every Training Session All individuals have completed the online self-assessment tool
“Don’t be the Reason we ruin our Season“
This Should be a fun Week! Feel free to contact me by email with questions or concerns. Thank You,