2012 BC Championships Larch Hills Salmon Arm February 17-19th
Head Coach: Adam Elliot
Goal: To have fun supporting our team, racing to the best of our ability and work together to perform well in the club championship.
Friday, February 17th or earlier
- Parents and Athletes Please review our race rules highlights here if you have not already: https://race.teamtelemark.ca/?page_id=708
- Classic Skis need to be cleaned free of all grip wax.
- Grip zones need to be clearly marked on the sidewall of the ski.
- If you are completely comfortable wax skis with Toko Yellow or Swix LF8 (0 to -4 C) waxing info is available here: https://race.teamtelemark.ca/?page_id=18
- Juvenile and older skiers give me your race skis Thursday night or Friday at the trails.
- Both Skate and Classic skis need to be clearly marked with the skier’s name. If skis are borrowed use tape and if not use permanent marker.
- If missing school to ski your race course on Friday meet at me Larch Hills at 2pm.
- Race Start List should be available at 6pm on www.Zone4.ca
- Maps with profiles are available here http://www.skilarchhills.ca/eventsinfo.htm#BC-Champs
- I will be staying at a house for the entire weekend with my family and friends. This Home has a large shop for us to do our glide waxing in and a nice wood fire place to keep us warm. Everything should be set up from 5-8:30 pm if you would like to wax there. 8pm Team Meeting in the lobby or better location of the hotel. Bring race plans.
Saturday, February 18th Classic Interval Start
- 9:00-10am everyone arrives with Race Skate and Classic skis clearly marked.
- Bibs will be available at our team’s tent. Wendy can pick them up.
- 10:10am Skiing of race courses with: Judie 1.5km, Gillian 2km and Ross 3.5km
- 11am Race Start
- Six Classic Grip Wax stations with Joe, James, Paul, Gillian, Scott and Adam. All “touch-ups” will be directed to Scott or Adam.
- Some Skate waxing can take place at race site the rest at the shop at 3pm
- Ross and LeeAnn will lead the Warm-ups 3.5km and 2km respectively.
- 11:55am Team Picture ;0)
- Awards Ceremony 7pm Community Centre
- Team meeting immediately after Awards at the Community Centre 8pm?
Sunday, February 19th Skate Relay
- 9am Arrive at Larch Hills
- 9:15am ski courses and warm-up with: Ross and Paul 1.5km, Gillian and Adam 2.5km, Scott and James 3.5km
- Bibs will be at the team’s tent. Wendy can pick them up.
- 10am Race Start. Zone4.ca for start list. Have Fun!
Telemark Warm-up example
|10mins||Get to Start|
|15||2mins||Race Pace not sprinting|
|24||3mins||Tempo, Lactate Threshold, L3|
Thank You to all of the Parents who are taking part this weekend in our charge for the club championship! Even Trisha is racing… baby sitter required…