The highlights of Wednesday’s parents’ meeting:
– Finance report: All 2011/12 team financial obligations have been met through the end of the fiscal year.
– Telemark Executive Report: Barry shared some Junior Race / Junior Development team statistics from the gaming grant the executive is working on:
- 1265 volunteer coaching hours
- 1474 “other” hours
- $29,000 in “in kind” donations to the race team
- more than 100 coached training sessions
- more than 35 days racing or in race camps.
– Fundraising: Another roughly $1000 profit from the last 3 hot dog events and the hot wax event. Thank you’s have been extended to the Biathlon team for giving us the opportunity to fundraise at their BC Cup race.
– Joint activities with Ski League — Wrap-up fun event on Sunday Feb 27 and “ski with the race team” on Sunday Mar 11. ALL JD and TR team members are expected to attend. This is the time to pay back your major sponsor, the Telemark X-C Club! (BC Winter Games athletes excused.).
– Head Coach Adam purchased a state-of-the-art riller kit for the team, to press structure into the bases of our athlete’s skis.
– Hoodies. You can order until Feb 23.
– New business: a spirited discussion about everything pertaining to X-C skiing. The key items I took away are a suggested alternate source for race uniforms and a candid discussion about how to get the JD parents more involved in the ongoing health of the Junior Race program. Homework assignment for the meeting attendees was to review a specific past posting and send me advice on how to make our communication effective. Here are the links for that homework assignment, in sequential order: