Hello Ski Fans!
What a wonderful week of skiing we had last week! There was some Great Racing to be had. The Nordic Skill Development Program ran a successful Racing Rocks Simulation with the help of many coaches. We also ran our uphill downhill event with an incredible turnout. We also ran another Telemark Cup Biathlon Race. A Big Thank You to all the volunteers who showed up to run these fantastic events. Terry took some wonderful photos which can be found Here: Feb 20 2021 Telemark Up Down
Team Telemark Values: Adventure, Camaraderie, Integrity and Excellence
Please hand in your raffle ticket stubs and payment this week. Each athlete was responsible for $150 in tickets, if you sold more please hand in payment for all tickets in one payment. Cheque made out to Telemark Nordic Club is the preferred method or cash. A couple of you have paid but not yet handed in ticket stubs, please make that a priority so that we can account for all the stubs well in advance of the draws.
The office lodge has a spreadsheet with all names and the amount owing. Mike or any of the staff can accept payment and stubs. Please hand in your stubs with payment. The prize draws take place at the club on Saturday March 13th.
If you need more time (than Feb 27th) or have any questions please contact Sonya tel: 902-440-5450, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday February 23rd 2021 is a Skate night for everyone. Track Attack Classic
- L2C Learn to Compete 5-7:30 pm DP and Legs only workout, both Classic and Skate Poles are required, Sprint Variety Pack ; Timing Hut
- T2T Train to Train 5:50-7:30 pm MAS intensity on “ACB” race course; Kar Hill
- Track Attack 6-7:30 pm CLASSIC race preparation for Saturday; Elliot Hill
Thursday February 25th 2021 is a Classic night
- L2C Learn to Compete 5-7:30 pm Fern Creek AnT Intensity; Timing Hut
- T2T Train to Train 5:50-7:30 pm Sprints Surprise Pack intensity and Grip Creation technique focus; Kar Hill
Saturday February 27th 2021 at 9 am is our Classic Relay Event
- This will take place up on Panorama with the same start finish area as before and use the 3 km course
- Costumes are Mandatory
- Home made Valentine Themed “Bib” numbers are Required
- Teams to be announced later this week but will be based on previous Panorama results
All official races for the rest of the season are now canceled. So if you booked accommodations for Rossland or Whistler please cancel those ASAP.
We do have a lot of Telemark race events still to come. These include:
- Feb 27th Relay Race Classic
- Mar 6th “Okanagan Championships” Telemark; unofficial skate
- Mar 7th Telemark Apple Loppet; unofficial classic
- Mar 13th SDP Funtastic and U13 Champs
- Mar 13th Kings Court Sprint BC Sprint Champs classic
- Mar 14th Biathlon Nordic Hybrid Relay; 1 CL, 1 Biathlon, 1 SK
- Mar 16th Distance Enduro classic
- April 10-11th Telemark Season Finale
It is a pretty exciting lineup of events.
The Mission of the Telemark Race Program is to deliver a good experience for the members while providing a supportive encouraging and progressively structured training environment so that they may achieve their goals of sports excellence
- Athletes are required to inform their head coach if they get sick immediately
- Positive Covid test results are required to be shared with the athlete’s head coach immediately
- Before Every Training Session All individuals have completed the online self-assessment tool
“Don’t be the Reason we ruin our Season“
The main result of the uphill downhill was a lot of fun! We do have some official race results below. Abolish the Snow Plow!
This Should be a fun Week! Feel free to contact me by email with questions or concerns. Thank You,
Learn to Ski Faster!