The Midget Championships are fast approaching (March 3 & 4). This is the last major club event of the season and the race organizing committee is in need of VOLUNTEERS in order to make this a successful event. It is the expectation that parents of our young racers, particularly of those who are competing, lend a hand and volunteer. It is also expected that the racers who have graduated from the Midget level of competition will be volunteering; in fact it is mandatory.
We are looking for VOLUNTEERS to help with the following types of positions:
• Course controlling (you will be on the course checking skier as they go by).
• Course marshalling (intersection of Telemark and end of stadium ensuring recreational skiers do not interfere with racing).
• Time keeping .
• Controlling in the stadium.
• Bib stripping.
• Aid station (set-up and hand out).
• Volunteer to provide food/refreshments to volunteers.
• Photographer (take pictures of Saturday fun and racing and put together a basic slide show in time for the banquet)
These positions need to be filled by parents and older members of the racing team.
For the banquet, Louise Myshak-Davis is coordinating the set-up at the Peachland Community Centre. We need 8 older racers or parents who will volunteer to help with this. This involves setting up tables and chairs, papering the tables/decorating. Taking tickets at the door and assisting the caterer with light clean-up of dishes. Also, we are planning a 50/50 draw with the proceeds going to the Telemark Race Team. Hopefully some of the older racers can help during the day up at Telemark and then come down to Peachland for set-up of the banquet.
Races are only successful with volunteer support.
Please get back to Jill or James indicating the position you are interested in.
250-979-1255 or email@example.com