Hello Ski Fans,
We will need some help at Telemark following the morning ski to clear our new trails of cut up trees and Branches. We have an excavator coming to work on the trails later that day. So Saturday please pack some, Food, Dry Clothes and Gloves. If joining us from outside of training we will be ready to work at Telemark around 11:30 am October 21st.
Many Hands Make Lite Work!
We also need Trucks. If you have a Truck that can haul some wood let me know.
The purpose of the Trail Cut Thru’s are:
- To provide easy access to a great set of downhill corners close to the stadium for Ski League, Schools Program, Biathlon, Recreational and Advanced Skiers.
- This will help for Training Simulations and Race Courses for Biathlon and Skiers.
- The “Yellow” Climb Trail is a “A” climb for use at the end of our 3.5 km, 5 km and Sprint Course (1.6 and 1km). (2 km Biathlon) (See Photo Below)
- The “Red” Climb Trail is a “B” climb for use in 2.5 km and shorter sprint races (1.4 km and 800 m). (1.5 km Biathlon)
- The “Orange” Turn around is for use in the 1.2 km and 600 m Sprint Courses.
- These changes to our race courses should allow us to meet Homologation for our trails to host Noram level events should we choose.
- There is also potential to use these trails for a Skiathlon race course so that we can again host a World Junior Trials event.