Here are the key points from Adam’s talk last night concerning event attendance / race planning:
Here are the recommended races for the JD / TR 1 age groups:
- The early December Okanagan Cup at Sovereign lake is cancelled.
- Rossland Dec 13&14 (Friday and Saturday accommodations).
(Tom Walker: email@example.com will need numbers to confirm a hotel booking.)
- Salmon Arm Dec 27&28 (stay only the Saturday night) Optional race due to holidays.
- Telemark Apple Loppet Jan 11
- Revelstoke Jan 24&25 (Friday and Saturday accommodations)
- Pentiction Ok Cup Jan 31-Feb1
- Telemark BC champs Feb20-22
- Midgets for those eligible
- Either PG or the Westerns for the older TR1’s (Westerns would be the best of the two)
Here are some recommendations for equipment that weren’t covered:
- XC mitts or lobsters as well as gloves with insulation are the best bet. Big bulky gloves and mitts don’t fit into xc ski poles well.
- Merino wools socks are the best. They keep the toes toasty even when wet.
- Toe warmers that stick to the top of toes and hand warmers are great for cold days.
- Buffs are a good idea. They work great as a neck warmer or face protection for snowy cold days.
- Glasses with a shade / clear lens are great for eye protection and snow storms.
- Headlamps with a top band and head band are the best for night skiing. A headlamp is required for night skiing.
- Avoid the Salomon junior skate binding. These bindings ice up and too often have resulted in skis releasing during races.
- Waffle type polypro long underwear. It stays warmer than the plain fabric long underwear