Hello Heat Fans,
We have decided to Postpone the Team Night for two weeks because of the heat concerns; July 12th is the next Team Night. L2C will still run Tuesday June 29th at 7 am from my house. Wednesday we are off to Whistler for the BC ski team camp.
Team Telemark Values: Adventure, Camaraderie, Integrity and Excellence
Manning Training Camp Details
- July 5-8th 2021
- Monday July 5th 2021 meet at 10:30 am the Resort Hotels 7500 BC-3, Manning Park, BC V0X 1R0. Please be on time as there is no service in the park that I am aware of. Carpools from Kelowna should be on the road by 7:30 am.
- I would like to start up the trail at 11 am. Pack trail food, a Lunch and 2 litres of water (I use a Camel back). No your Swix fanny belt is not enough water; many found this out the hard way in previous years.
- We will mostly be hiking up Mountains to high elevation and then running down. All training will be done in a long slow manner at elevation! We had a lot of good quality training and Fun Last Few Years!
- We will have a Team Meeting 7 pm Every night to get organized for the following morning in Site 105.
- If you are going to join us for a day trip please arrive by 8 am as we depart the campsite by 8:30 am for the Run/Hike each day; other than Monday.
- Park: E. C. Manning Provincial Park. Campground: Lightning Lk-small loop
- Directions: Bisected by Hwy 3, the park stretches for 58 km from portal to portal. The western portal, marked by the carving of a marmot, is 26 km east of Hope and the eastern portal, marked by a carving of a bear, is 52 km west of Princeton. The core area of the park is located 68 km east of Hope and 68 km west of Princeton.
- Bridge 99, Sprules 102, Mayer 105, Galvagno 94, Atkins 112, Farbridge 132, Aaserud 128, Lum 123, Bertand 130, Redman 120, Rozek and Edwards. Elliot’s are in 21.
- It is often best to cook in groups.
- This should be Fun!
Here is an Example Packing List:
- 1 Full size cooler for two people’s Food.
- 1 Tent for 2-3 People.
- 1 stove for 2-3 people.
- 1 Duffle bag for clothes, sleeping bag, air mattress and Running Shoes.
- 1 camp chair.
- 2 Litres capacity Camelback etc.
- Rain Jacket (some is in forecast and we will be over 2000m most days so anything could happen)
- Sun Protection
- Swim Suit
Some of the cool Run Hikes we normally do:
- Skyline Loop
- Mount Frosty Loop
- Heather Trail to 3 Brothers out and Back
- Bonviera Run
- Snass Mountain Attempts 1/7
- Lots of Fun
The Mission of the Telemark Race Program is to deliver a good experience for the members while providing a supportive encouraging and progressively structured training environment so that they may achieve their goals of sports excellence
This Should be a fun couple of Weeks! Feel free to contact me by email with questions or concerns. Thank You,