Hello Ski Fans,
This Sunday is another fun day camp up at Telemark. Parent helpers are encouraged and welcome for all or any part of the day you can help out with. We have jobs for all abilities and all parts of the day! We will have:
- Roller Skiing for all ages L2T to T2C
- Mentorship from older skiers to younger ones
- A Skate Roller Ski Coach Work Shop 8 am. All Coaches and Parents are welcome to participate. There is homework; read the entire post.
- A Trail Clearing Party Noon; Maximum 1 Hour this time! Thank You for the significant amount of work done last weekend!
- Coach Meeting
The To Bring List:
- all equipment for Skate Roller Skiing… Classic for L2C and T2C
- Change of Clothes and Shoes or Boots
- Work Gloves and Pruning Sheers
- Lots of Food and Water
T2T and L2T Timeline
9 am Skate Skiing from Helen Gorman Elementary School 3230 Salmon Rd
Ski with L2C Mentors to Carre Road.
Technique focused session with lots of coaches.
1 hour of Trail Work
Timeline Looks Like this for L2C and T2C
8am depart for Skate Ski from Gellatly Nut Farm. Construction Ski Route up the east end of Gellatly into Westbank, Right on Brendalee Rd, Left onto “Butt Road”, Left on Paynter Road, Right on Lower Glenrosa Rd, Right on Weber Rd, Righ on Scotstone Rd, Left on Dunbarton Rd, left on Weber Rd, Right on Gorman Rd which joins McTaggart Rd, Left on McGinnis Rd, Left on Blue Jay Dr, Left on Canary Dr and Meet T2T at Helen Gorman Elementary School.
L2C, T2C and T2T to ski together from Helen Gorman School to Carre Road.
Ski to Summit and Transition to Running
Run Crystal Rim Trail
1 hour of Trail Work
Skate Roller Ski Coach Work Shop Timeline
Meet at 8am at Helen Gorman School and Discuss the key point from the 5 Videos and the Table. Discuss Coaching Effectiveness. Do some Coach roller skiing with corrections (if up for it). Work with T2T skiers on Technique at Carre Road and Possibly the Dip before the Telemark turn off.
Lunch Time Coach Planning Meeting ~ 11:30 am
Coach Work Shop Homework
Deterministic Model for Double Poling to revisit. Click to Enlarge.