Telemark Racers L2C Selections (16-20)
Telemark Racers “L2C” Learn to Compete is a high performance group of our program. It is created for fast Ski Racers who want to excel at their sport and is in the L2C or greater stage of development. Older T2T-2 skiers can be considered if they are fast, mature and committed enough. The ski speed of this group when training is pretty high so in order to only allow people who are going to excel in the training with this group there are some ski speed standards which need to meet before being considered for this group.
2021-22 L2C Team Requirements are:
- Athletes selected for BC Ski Team, BC Development Squad, National Talent Squad and Canadian NST automatically qualify.
- Unassisted June Springs Short Skate 1 km Uphill Time Trial in 4:00 minutes or faster for boys and 4:30 minutes for girls on Standard Speed 2 roller skis wheels and bearings (Swenor 65 preferred) when timed under the supervision of Coach Adam.
Or a CPL average of 65 or Greater on the Canada’s Points List System for distance cross country skiing.
- Moving up to this training group should happen in April; if one wants to be successful in this group they need to do all of the summer training and follow the training plan.
- Commitment to our sport, which includes following the conditions of the athlete agreement, regularly attending training, keeping goals up to date, keeping a Training Diary and following a training plan if one is requested.
- Coach Adam will select the group primarily based on the Roller Ski Time Trial and CPL but will also use discretion which may include past performances etc.
- The athlete is in good standing with the Team Telemark Program and the Telemark Nordic Club.
- The athlete competes wearing the Telemark Race Suit in all major races including all BC Cups, Westerns, Nationals and World Junior /U23 Trials.
- Athlete must be a T2T-2, L2C or T2C skier.
Telemark Racers T2T-2 (13-16)
The Telemark Racers T2T-2 Group is intended for athletes in the “Train to Train Two” stage of development (T2T-2), typically between ages 13-16 but individually assessed according to the Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) guidelines. The T2T program is a racing program designed to give skiers the tools to become a successful competitor in a fun and nurturing environment. The intensity training will be based on the guidelines in the LTAD for a T2T athlete; skiers who are too young or not physically developed enough will be better off in the Track Attack
Telemark T2T-2 (Train to Train Two) Bridge Training Option
- Who: Fast Highly Motivated T2T-2’s who are at least 14 years of age at the beginning of the current season
- What: Prepare T2T-2 Skiers to move up to the Learn to Compete training group (L2C)
- Goal: Assess skiers’ abilities and prepare them physiologically and physically to move into L2C when they are prepared
- Opportunities to train with the skiers who are in the Learn to Compete (L2C) Program; approximately twice a month subject to racing schedule and travel
- The Ski Speed of the members of the L2C group is pretty fast during all types of workouts. Only certain types of workouts are appropriate for slower skiers
- We do not want to have skiers chasing the group for 2-3 hours since this will have a negative impact on their athletic development
- Generally, certain types of interval training can be appropriate since slower skiers can catch the group; this is a stop and go activity
- The Skiers who have participated in this bridge training option this season are: Aya, Chloe, Sylvie, Sophie, Mika and Tyler
- The recommended entry point for full time training with L2C group is in April; if one wants to be successful in the L2C group they need to do all of the spring and summer training, follow the training plan and meet the expectations
Recommended T2T-2 Bridge Training Plan (Optional)
- Make sure that there is a plan, and that the athletes know it. Alex can share his experience for additional support.
- Make Thursday skis (after skills) continuous with maximum 2 short water breaks.
- Recommend 5-6 ‘active’ days/week, made up of:
- 3-4 skis (at least one extra ski outside of regular T2T practices)
- 1-2 runs/wk during the winter – these can be short at 30 mins. This maintains run adaptations ahead of summer dryland.
- 1 other activity, like snowshoe, ride, fast hike, or a second sport you participate in like soccer or volleyball.
- 2 core workouts/wk during race season, 2-3 during dryland season.
Body Weight Strength Plan is available Here!
Coach Adam selects the entry point into the group using the guidelines below and his discretion.