Telemark Racers L2C Selections
Telemark Racers “L2C” Learn to Compete is a high performance group of our program. It is created for fast Ski Racers who want to excel at their sport and is in the L2C or greater stage of development. Older T2T-2 skiers can be considered if they are fast, mature and committed enough. The ski speed of this group when training is pretty high so in order to only allow people who are going to excel in the training with this group there are some ski speed standards which need to meet before being considered for this group.
2020-21 L2C Team Requirements are:
- Athletes selected for BC Ski Team, BC Development Squad, National Talent Squad and Canadian NST automatically qualify.
- Unassisted June Springs Short Skate 1 km Uphill Time Trial in 4:00 minutes or faster for boys and 4:30 minutes for girls on Standard Speed 2 roller skis wheels and bearings (Swenor 65, Oneway 7 or F1 Sprints preferred) when timed under the supervision of Coach Adam.
Or a CPL average of 65 or Greater on the Canada’s Points List System for distance cross country skiing.
- Commitment to our sport, which includes following the conditions of the athlete agreement, regularly attending training, keeping goals up to date, keeping a Training Diary and following a training plan if one is requested.
- Coach Adam will select the group primarily based on the Roller Ski Time Trial and CPL but will also use discretion which may include past performances etc.
- The athlete is in good standing with the Telemark Racers Program and the Telemark Nordic Club.
- The athlete competes wearing the Telemark Race Suit in all major races including all BC Cups, Westerns, Nationals and World Junior /U23 Trials.
- Athlete must be a T2T-2, L2C or T2C skier.
Telemark Racers T2T-2 (13-15 ish)
The Telemark Racers T2T-2 Group is intended for athletes in the “Train to Train Two” stage of development (T2T-2), typically between ages 13-16 but individually assessed according to the Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) guidelines. The T2T program is a racing program designed to give skiers the tools to become a successful competitor in a fun and nurturing environment. The intensity training will be based on the guidelines in the LTAD for a T2T athlete; skiers who are too young or not physically developed enough will be better off in the Track Attack
Coach Adam selects the entry point into the group using the guidelines below and his discretion.