Eligibility: Interior Skiers Born 2012 to 2004.
Dates: November 27-28th
Location: Sovereign Lake Nordic Club Vernon
Group Meeting Area: North of the old Day Lodge in the Stadium
Important Information: Camp Participants 13 years and older MUST be Double Vaccinated. A Photo of your Vaccine Passport is mandatory and required at the time of registration to participate if 13 or older. SLNC Vaccination Passport Policy
Camp Space is Limited so Register ASAP! These Camps Normally fill up before the Registration Deadline; November 16th 2021
Current Sport Participation Options
Option A: Full Participation. Attend both days of skiing. Handle all of your own food, accommodations (or sleep at home) for the duration of the camp. $35
Option B: Partial Participation Saturday. Attend the camp only on Saturday November 27th 2021. Handle all of your own food and accommodations (or sleep at home) for the duration of the camp. $25
Option C: Partial Participation Sunday. Attend the camp only on Sunday November 28th 2021. Handle all of your own food and accommodations (or sleep at home) for the duration of the camp. $25
Register on Zone4.ca with this Link!
Regional Coach: Adam Elliot 250 859 8464 firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Begins: 9:00 AM on Saturday November 27th
Camp Ends: 1:00 PM on Sunday November 28th
Camp Fee: 2 Days (Option A) = $35. Single Day (Option B or C) = $25. Free if you are a Sovereign Lake Season Pass Holder.
You are responsible for all of your own food needs. CCBC/Teck Hat could be available if you are the target age (16 and under).
COVID-19 Safety Requirements:
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
- Participants 12 years and older MUST be Double Vaccinated
- Before Arriving: All individuals have completed the online self-assessment tool, on a daily basis.
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-9, please stay home.
- Wash your hands before participating.
- Bring your own equipment, water bottle and hand sanitizer.
- Outside of Camp session activities Physical Distancing is recommended
- Consider your own risk. If you are at higher risk of experiencing serious illness from COVID-19, consider limiting or avoiding participation for the time being.
- If you have any health and safety concerns, inform the person in charge and/or the CCBC office.
Camp Goals: Safe Fun, Technique, Inspiration and Camaraderie
Coaches and Coach Helpers: Coaches are Welcome. The minimum level is L2T “Trained” for regional camps. If you do not have this level than you can still help out.
What to Bring List:
- Food for the day
- Mask and Hand Sanitizer
- all gear for Classic Skiing (Classic skis, poles, boots)
- Grip Wax and Cork for Classic Skis
- all gear for Classic Skiing (Skate skis, poles, boots)
- Lots of Warm Clothing Options
- heart rate monitor if you have one
- outdoor clothes for all weather conditions
- work ethic
- Water bottles and Carrier
- Smiley Face
NEW Frequently asked Questions at the bottom of this page. When a question is asked I will add the answer to the bottom of this page.
Draft of Camp Schedule:
Saturday November 27th
9:00 am Sovereign Lake Nordic Club
9:30 am Skate Ski Groups Depart
Noon Your Packed Lunch Time
12:30 pm Classic Ski Session
2:00 pm Athlete Pickup Time
Sunday November 28th
9:00 am Sovereign Lake Nordic Club
9:30 am Groups Depart with Classic Skis Waxed
10:30 am Kings Court Sprint Race Classic
12:30 pm athlete pickup time from Sovereign Lake Nordic Club
Can I Help or Help Coach? Yes, we always need help. This is the information on the Mandatory Standards for Coaching: With regards to your Teck Regional Dryland and Snow Camps, this is a friendly reminder to familiarize yourself with CCBC’s minimum mandatory coach qualification policy. Coaches leading/supervising the camp or leading a group of athletes at the camp must be NCCP L2T ‘trained’ (must have completed the L2T (On-Snow) Workshop), while coaches that are assisting must be NCCP Community Coach ‘trained’ (must have completed the Community Coach Workshop). Link to Policy!