For those that requested it (including Tristan Lee), here is the recipe I use for protein bars:
1-1/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
3 cups dry, uncooked old fashioned oats
2 cups protein powder (Lean Fit, chocolate flavour from Costco is what I use)
1 cup chocolate chips (optional, but certainly contributes to the flavour)
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a pot and warm up on low heat until runny and mixed. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the oatmeal and protein powder.
- Add chocolate chips. They will melt, this is okay.
- Press into a 9X9 inch baking pan. I line mine with foil so I can pop the whole thing out for easier cutting.
- Let cool.
- Cut into bars (I do 16) and wrap in plastic wrap. Store in fridge or cupboard.
For 16 bars: 15.3 g of protein/bar
For 20 bars: 12.25 g of protein/bar
For 25 bars: 9.8 g of protein/bar
They are less expensive, taste better than store bought and are very quick and easy to make.