Telemark Racers Program Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
The Coordinator will be responsible for implementation and coordination of the Telemark Racers 1 Program (or JD). These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coach using the Telemark Racers Mission, Values and Goals: HERE
- Pass on your infectious passion of our sport.
- Be a champion for the head coach; Support the head coach’s decisions and philosophy.
- Help deliver the annual training program for athletes in accordance with CCC LTAD guidelines.
- Help mentor other coaches in technique development.
- Look for new ways of improving technique of skiers.
- Focus on priorities and remains calm and positive when under pressure.
- Participate in the development of the YTP.
- Help coordinate the TR1 (or JD) program with the Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Athletes and Parents.
- Be responsible for ensuring that there are enough Coaches and Support for the practices and events to run smoothly.
- Ensure that the lesson plans are up to date and reflect the current needs of the group.
- Individual pre/post season review of athlete’s performance goals and objectives.
Communication with Parents of Racers
- Be available for discussions with individual parents as required.
- Promote athlete race schedule key events.
- Help ensure that team-supported races are adequately staffed by support staff.
- Try to create single large posts with all the details of each week instead of multiples if possible.
- Certification Minimum Learn to Train Certified
- Experience Minimum: 2-3 Years Coaching
- Qualities: communicates well with athletes, coaches and parents; strong organizational skills; strong working knowledge of CC skiing technique and training regimens for athletes in the FUNdamentals and Learning to Train continuum.