Telemark is pleased to offer an NCCP Biathlon Community Coaching Silver course. The Silver coaching course provides practical, sport-specific, and technical information required to help new coaches learn about the sport and help run club practices for community (recreational) and development (e.g.: Biathlon Bears) programs.
Telemark Nordic Club, 4425 Glenrosa Road, West Kelowna BC V4T 1V9
Saturday Oct 1 – 8:00-18:00 (TBC)
This course is designed to help train new coaches in order to help run club-based biathlon programs. No experience previous experience racing, participating or coaching biathlon is required. Parents, supporters and athletes who will be coaching biathlon are strongly encouraged to enroll!
This course will split time been a classroom-based setting and “in the field” technical instruction. The classroom portion will be conducted in the Telemark Nordic Club main lodge. Shooting technique instruction will take place at the Telemark Biathlon Range, and ski technique instruction will take place at Glenrosa Middle School.
- All registrants must be members of Biathlon BC
- All registrants must be 14 years or older
- Electronic course materials will be provided. A laptop or print-out should be brought to the course.
- Please bring a pen and paper
- The ski technique session will include roller skiing. No experience is required. A helmet is required. Please supply your own ski boots and poles, and if you have access, your own roller skis. There will be a limited number of roller skis (NNN bindings) on hand to borrow.
- The range session will include live firing at the biathlon range. No experience is required. If you have access to a biathlon rifle and ammunition, please bring your own. There will be a limited number of rifles on hand to borrow.
Saturday Oct 1st:
- Introduction and Overview (Telemark Main Lodge)
- Shooting Equipment, Safety and Rules (Telemark Main Lodge)
- Range Training (Telemark Biathlon Range)
- Skiing Equipment and Rules (Telemark Main Lodge)
- Ski Training (Glenrosa Middle School)
- Course Wrap Up (Telemark Main Lodge)
Registration is online via the Locker: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/public/5454485
Fees are collected via Zone 4: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=29679
The fee for the course is $100.00. (Telemark Coaches please contact Chris to obtain a discount code for the course).
Point of Contact to sign up and for questions: Chris Halldorson (email@example.com) 250-300-8919