2012 BC Cup #1 Stake Lake Kamloops January 7-8th
Coaches: Adam Elliot, Gillian Warner, James Williams and Ross McKinnon
Goal: To have fun supporting our team and racing to the best of our ability.
Friday, January 6th or earlier
- Classic Skis need to be cleaned free of all grip wax.
- Grip zones need to be clearly marked on the sidewall of the ski.
- If you are completely comfortable wax skis with Toko Red or Swix LF7 (-4 to -10 C) waxing info is available here: https://race.teamtelemark.ca/?page_id=18
- Juvenile and older skiers give me your race skis Thursday night.
- Both Skate and Classic skis need to be clearly marked with the skier’s name. If skis are borrowed use tape and if not use permanent marker.
- Very few people are going up Friday to ski their race courses but those who are should meet and ski together. 5pm with headlamps (don’t need to miss any school)
- Race Start List should be available at 6pm on www.Zone4.ca
- Maps without profiles are available here: http://www.overlanderskiclub.com/racemaps.htm
- Race notice for additional questions is available Here: http://www.overlanderskiclub.com/docs/bc_cup__1_race_notice_2012_final.pdf
Saturday, January 7th Classic Mass Start
- 9am we will wax skis which are not yet glide waxed.
- 9:30-10am everyone else arrives with Race Skate and Classic skis clearly marked.
- Bibs will be available at our team’s tent. Wendy can pick them up.
- 10:15am Skiing of race courses with: Jill 1.5km, Gillian 5km, Ross 2.5km and James 4km
- 11am Race Start
- We would like some assistance during this event. Paul and Mike can help with Classic grip waxing in the morning. Brenda and someone who can take her place can video the first climb (equipment required: team camera and start list). At 11:15 we should be able to start the skate ski waxing with assistance from Barry, Ross Dickie and Judie?
- 11:30am Team Picture J
- Team meeting at 7:30 at the hotel lead by Adam TR2 and James TR1/JD. Hotel info: 1550 versatile dr. Kamloops (there is more than one holiday inn express in Kamloops)
Sunday, January 8th Skate Interval Start
- 9:15am ski courses with: Ross 1.5km, Gillian 2.5km, Adam 4km and Ross 5km
- Bibs will be at the team’s tent. Wendy can pick them up.
- 10am Race Start. Zone4.ca for start list. Have Fun!